Welcome to Adamson Veterinary Services, your local veterinarians in Salem. We are a modern and progressive full service veterinary hospital seeing dogs and cats. Our philosophy is “the needs of the patient come first”. We believe exceptional medicine and client education is important and treat all our patients as 4-footed children and their owners as family members and parents.
Adamson Veterinary Services, began its journey in November of 1984. It has always been a full service hospital founded by Dr. Dan Adamson and his wife Cathy. It was purchased by Dr. Vickey Brooks in 2009 and she envisioned an even larger and more advanced hospital. Dr. Brooks began renovations on the existing hospital in 2016, expanding it to a 9,000 square foot facility. Renovations were completed in 2017 which increased the number of exam rooms, created a modern reception area with two seating arrangements and a pleasant, stress free environment for owners and pets, expanded treatment area, created a critical care/ICU section in treatment, developed two modern surgery suites and created more efficient working conditions.
Changes to the existing facilities with the addition of equipment has allowed us to provide an after-hours emergency center using the same facility as the daytime hospital.
Dr. Brooks’ vision and goals for the future:
- Provide the best possible medical care for our patients and those pets rescued and cared for by the Humane Societies and other rescue groups in our area.
- Keep costs of appointments and treatments reasonable. Providing clients with reasonable fees for medical care from preventative medicine and emergency medicine up to advanced medical care.
- Provide daytime emergency and urgent care appointments for clients of local veterinarians. Same day appointments will be provided whenever possible and no client with a sick animal will be turned away.
- Provide weekend emergency and urgent care appointments in the evening (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday) starting at 4pm and continuing to midnight.
- Provide as many on site services and treatments as possible. As a full service hospital we have a large laboratory providing local lab test performed by experienced staff. Our high tech hospital has the latest technology in digital x-ray, ultrasound, therapeutic laser treatment, surgery, and treatments.
- Continue and expand the emergency room services and extend hours as the emergency room becomes successful.
- Hire and train additional staff and experienced veterinarians.
- Create a true Hybrid hospital that provides general practice services during the day and emergency services at night.
- Provide a reliable hospital that other veterinarians can refer to when their schedule gets full.
Serving our community
We will continue to serve our community, our patients, and our clients by offering excellent preventive care, medical care, surgical care and after hour emergency services. We pride ourselves on offering gentle loving care and support to our clients and their furry children. We will continue to work to exceed your expectations and provide the best care we possibly can.
We thank all of our clients and the community for their support and entrusting us with the care of their furry children!